The fife is a great alternative to the recorder for students keen on eventually playing flute. With its smaller size and lightweight plastic materials, a Yamaha fife is easily kept clean, is made of a durable material and the right size for the younger student.
This ‘class’ would be for 3-6 students
20 weeks per academic year ( 10 weeks per semester) starting after outweek
This class would run for 30min and could easily fit into the lunch period or directly following school. Students could start from grade 1 on
However we can accomodate younger students on a case by case basis. (Kindergarden)
- Fun, age appropriate learning outcomes including:
- Enhance communication skills
- Learn to read music, identify musical notation, terms etc
- Foster teamwork, cooperation and self-accountability
- Participation to festival, Music Tea, school events, assemblies… etc
- Could be part of an outreach program (playing for school fundraiser, Care home concerts…etc) to be developed in cooperation with the music and band department
Required Materials: Fife and Fife Workbook
Material would be included in the price of the joining the club
We propose a Tuesday Lunch recess time as a first proposal to see if anyone is interested.